- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share by Email
Project Manager Industrial Transformation Southeast Asia (f/m/d)
An increasing number of countries and regions across the world have decided to become climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. This implies not only that energy systems need to become fully clean within the next 30 years, but also the industrial sector must reach climate neutrality within just one generation. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for investments and clean development, immense efforts are needed to reach net-zero climate objectives, especially for energy-intensive industries.
To meet their development goals, Southeast Asian (ASEAN) countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines, are facing rising demand for energy-intensive and emission-intensive basic materials, such as steel, cement and plastics. While strategies for power sector transitions are gaining momentum on the policy agendas in the region, blueprints for transforming the industry sectors are typically absent.
And this is where we get involved. As a think tank, Agora is pursuing the goal of achieving a climate-neutral energy system worldwide by the middle of the century. With around 150 iemployees at four locations worldwide, we combine research, dialogue and public relations in our daily work to find answers to those questions that are crucial to the energy transition. In doing so, we work closely with partners in numerous countries. And - very importantly - we act independently and free of economic or party-political interests.
Agora’s Southeast Asia programme supports the energy and industry transformation in close cooperation with local and international partners in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines. This programme, implemented from our Bangkok’s office in close alignment with our experts in Berlin, focusses on evidence-based analysis, stakeholder dialogues and policy proposals. Our team is expert, strategic, and busy!
To support the Southeast Asia work within our industry programme we are seeking for a
Project Manager Industrial Transformation Southeast Asia (f/m/d) with a focus on the steel sector
Berlin-based with frequent travels to Southeast Asia, full-time or part-time (minimum 32 hours)
Your responsibilities include
- Conducting and managing specific research projects on industrial transformation in Southeast Asia;
- Systematically analysing industry systems in the region (economics, policies) and writing studies, memos, and policy papers for those different sectors, with a focus on the steel-sector;
- Systematically transferring international best-practices, as well as expertise and research results from Agora’s work in the field of industrial transformation to stakeholders in Southeast Asia;
- Working with Agora’s closest partners in the field; strongly engaging with stakeholders, and advising government authorities on key policies;
- Communicating results and insights from Agora’s work, as well as knowledge about industry transition policies, regulations and techno-economic developments to various audiences;
- Working with Agora’s team to ensure the smooth running of daily work and forward planning, including with team members working from Berlin and Bangkok;.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated, and professional team;
- An attractive office space in a central Berlin location and the option of hybrid working with good digital equipment;
- Opportunities to frequently travel to the SEA region.Depending on the development of the project a secondment to our office in Bangkok is an option.
- A diversity of working experiences, including professional relationships with colleagues and experts from a variety of countries around the globe, and the ability to contribute to important policy processes in various jurisdictions in Southeast Asia;Opportunities for professional growth and advancement; including access to a mental well-being platform;
- 29 vacation days plus 24 and 31 December work-free days;
- A comprehensive onboarding programme and regular team and organisation-wide retreats to bring us all together; and
- A full-time or part-time role with initially a two year contract.
We are looking for
- A strong desire to actively shape the global clean energy and industry transitions;
- A Master’s degree in economics, engineering or similar and at least 4 years of relevant work experience with industry topics. Specific experience working in Southeast Asia is advantageous;
- A proven track record and field of expertise working in or with industry stakeholders, for example on technologies/innovation, economics or materials science;
- Experience with working in international teams and networks;
- Dedication, reliability, perseverance, and a strong intellect; creativity and an ability to work independently as well as in a team; ability to take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, ability to present analytical and research material,
- Working fluency in English; German and other language skills relevant to Southeast Asia are a plus.
- We assume that there are excellent candidates for the job who do not meet all the criteria in the description. Maybe you have certain skills we haven’t thought of yet? Tell us why you are the right person for the job.
How to apply
If you are interested in supporting us in our mission, please apply via the button below and upload your application by May 7, 2023.
As file name please use „Application_Project_Manager_SEA_ surname_name”. Please include a letter of motivation and your CV and indicate your salary expectations as well as your earliest possible starting date. For reasons of objectivity, we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
We want an energy transition for everyone from everyone. Therefore, we are particularly pleased to receive applications from people from groups that have been underrepresented in energy policy. We welcome applications regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability and age, and sexual orientation. Our offices are not completely barrier-free, but we are open to find individual solutions.
As part of this, we are soliciting anonymous information on a voluntary basis regarding our applicant’s backgrounds. This information will be used only to inform future recruitment strategies and will not impact hiring decisions in any form. Your input will not be forwarded to third parties and will not be used in connection with your application.
Please follow this link to participate in the survey.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Reis at email@example.com.