CLG Europe, in partnership with Agora Energiewende and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), organised a high-level virtual conference to explore how lead markets for climate neutral materials can be created and the role EU policy can play in decarbonising heavy industry.
Creating demand through its internal market and driving investment into innovative technologies and business models in this area will be important for the EU's new global competitive sustainability. These issues will therefore be critical as the EU considers its new industry policy, climate ambition and Green Deal initiatives such as the Sustainable Products Initiative.
In the event a new report called "Tomorrow's market today" by Agora Energiewende and CLG Europe was presented which will give special attention to how policy can help develop demand and create lead markets for climate neutral materials and products.
After the presentation of the report by Patrick Graichen, Executive Director Agora Energiewende, Elisabeth Winkelmeier-Becker, Parlamentary State Secretary at the German Ministry of Economic Affairs, took over the keynote. Further input by
- Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament, and
- Diederik Samsom, Head of Cabinet for Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans, European Commission, as well as
- Peter ter Kulve, President, Home Care, Health & Wellbeing at Unilever,
- Thomas Ingenlath, CEO Polestar,
- Magali Anderson, CSO LafargeHolcim, and
- Lars Völkel, Executive Vice President, Wood Products Division, Stora Enso.
The presentation can be found in the download section below.
The recording can be found above.