Communications Manager, Brussels-based (f/m/d)
Job opening – Communications Manager, Brussels-based
In the 2020-2030 decade, Europe will lead the way towards climate-neutrality. In December 2019, all EU institutions – the European Commission, the European Parliament and the European Council – jointly subscribed to the “European Green Deal”: Europe’s first comprehensive economic development, modernisation and innovation strategy that puts reducing greenhouse gas emissions and resource use centre-stage to achieve climate-neutrality continent-wide by 2050 at the latest.
Climate-neutrality in maximum 30 years requires fast and in part radical reforms in all sectors of the economy. How will Europe’s energy system look like in 2030 and 2050? Which aspects of the transition are particularly important? Some of these questions can be answered with certainty, others require in-depth analysis, thinking ahead and pragmatic solutions to enable decision-makers and stakeholders take informed choices.
Agora Energiewende develops evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of Europe’s clean energy transition. As independent and non-partisan think tank and policy laboratory, we analyse upcoming challenges, share knowledge with decision-makers and stakeholders and enable a productive exchange of ideas. We work directly in Brussels and Berlin and - together with our network of partner think tanks - also in other European capitals and overseas.
In autumn 2020, we will formally open a Brussels office and are now seeking to recruit a Communications Officer to support our Brussels-based team in cooperation with our Berlin-based communications team.
- an opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated, and professional team;
- a comfortable office space in a central Brussels location;
- diverse experiences including professional relationships with colleagues and experts from a variety of countries around the globe, and working with important policy processes at national, European, and international level;
- opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- full-time or part-time roles with initially two years employment duration.
Your responsibilities include
- further developing Agora’s communication strategy in Europe in close cooperation with our Berlin-based communication team;
- liaising with Brussels-based journalists and respond to journalist demands on our EU-work in cooperation with relevant colleagues;
- communicating Agora’s insights and activities through various channels, especially utilizing social media;
- every-day use of Agora’s communication tools like newsletters, social media channels, databases and media-monitoring;
- networking with EU institutions and Brussels-based professional associations
- liaising with partner organisations of Agora’s European network;
- ensuring that contact lists for outreach are further developed and kept up-to-date;
- organising meetings in Brussels and helping in designing and organising workshops and conferences.
We are looking for
- a minimum of 4 years experience as a journalist and/or in the PR sector;
- outstanding writing skills;
- proven skills in dealing with social media, ideally including video and audio;
- experience in using CMS (like Typo 3), CRM, and project management tools;
- a solid understanding of the EU institutions and the different roles of Commission, Parliament and Member States.
- a political mind;
- good knowledge in energy transition policy in Europe and beyond is an advantage;
- a confident, practical and entrepreneurial character, with openness to working hands-on on diverse challenges and topics in parallel;
- full command of the English language in reading and writing; active knowledge of German and other European languages is a plus.
Please upload your application in one single file following the given cloudlink. The deadline for applications is August, 30th 2020.
As file name use „application_Communications_Manager_Brussels_surname_name”. Please include a letter of motivation, your particular expertise on the topics mentioned above (if any) and your CV. Also indicate your salary expectations as well as your earliest possible starting date. For reasons of objectivity we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms. Bettina Groß (email@example.com, +49 30 700 1435 –138).