The EnerTracks virtual study tours are back
Join the sixth virtual EnerTracks Study Tour from May 31 until June 30 hosted by Agora Energiewende and the Renewables Academy (RENAC). The training provides a unique opportunity for climate and energy transformation thought leaders from low- and middle-income countries to participate in a series of tailored workshops, leadership training, and group work – all from the comfort of their home.
During the EnerTracks Virtual Study Tour, a group of 12-18 participants will:
- Take part in interactive energy transition workshops and lectures
- Strengthen their leadership and analytical skills through group work and design thinking training
- Deepen their knowledge of stakeholder engagement through lectures on Germany’s Coal Commission as well as an interactive stakeholder role play
- Discover how to creatively solve complex problems through the creation of a decarbonisation roadmap for a fictional country
- Complete introductory training on the numerical modeling of power markets and systems
- Have the opportunity to sharpen their data crunching skills through an optional excel bootcamp
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Digital Certificate and access to a selective alumni network of energy transition thought-leaders.
Overall, participants will be expected to dedicate approximately 60 hours over the course of this five week training. This includes:
- Mandatory participation in 33 hours of live and interactive sessions, on average 7 hours per week
- 6 hours of pre-recorded sessions
- 12.5 hours of group work (minimum recommended: 2 hours per week)
- 8-10 hours of assignments
For detailed information about the programme and how to apply, please click here.
The EnerTracks training programme was developed by Agora Energiewende in cooperation with the Renewables Academy (RENAC) supported by the International Climate Change Initiative of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz und Nukleare Sicherheit). This multi-disciplinary programme aims to deepen and foster international expertise on how to tackle the energy transformation worldwide. EnerTracks offers practical lessons, online courses, academic training, and one-on-one coaching.