Job Opening: Project Officer, International Energy Transitions
To strengthen our team, we are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date a Project Officer, International Energy Transitions
The world’s energy systems are changing. Renewable energy has moved from a niche technology to broad-scale adoption in many countries around the globe. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for clean development, power systems face numerous systemic challenges: there is a pressing need to expand and enhance power grids, to reform regulatory and market structures, and to effectively manage structural change. Understanding the technical, economic, and political complexities of these transformational challenges is essential for ensuring a smooth transition to a clean energy system.
Agora Energiewende develops evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transition in Germany, Europe, and worldwide. As an independent and non-partisan think tank we share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business, and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas. We closely cooperate with partners in a number of emerging economies and OECD countries.
With the aim of strengthening our international team, we are seeking to hire a Project Officer who is dedicated to topics surrounding energy system transformation.
Your responsibilities would include
- supporting the development of studies, memos, and policy papers on energy systems, economics, and policies in key countries;
- transferring and communicating results and insights from the context of the German Energiewende to audiences in target countries;
- communicating international developments to German and European audiences;
- organising expert meetings for foreign visitors, responding to external inquiries;
- maintaining and further developing communication tools such as our website and newsletters;
- assisting with the internal coordination of Agora’s international programme (preparing meetings, facilitating internal processes, post-meeting follow-up, etc).
- an opportunity to work in a highly motivated and professional team;
- a chance to gain experience with all of Agora Energiewende’s research and consulting activities;
- opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- contacts and relationships with partners and experts from key countries.
What we are looking for
- a strong desire to actively shape the global clean energy transition;
- a Master’s degree in economics, environmental science, engineering, political science, or similar;
- a very good understanding of power systems, energy economics, and climate and energy policy;
- 2–3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in an international context;
- dedication, reliability, perseverance, and a strong intellect;
- creativity and an ability to work independently and take initiative;
- good command of MS Excel;
- willingness to travel internationally;
- native/near-native command of English; strong German language skills are beneficial; other languages are a plus.
The employment contract is initially limited to two years; an extension may be possible.
Please send your application in English (including a letter of motivation and CV) to email@example.com (subject: “Application – Project Officer, International Energy Transitions”). The deadline for applications is 18 February 2018. Please indicate your salary expectations as well as your earliest possible starting date.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Marie Hassheider (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 30 700 1435 – 111).