Project Officer/Team Assistant International Energy Transitions – South East Asia (f/m/d)
The world’s energy systems are changing. Renewable energy has moved from a niche technology to broad-scale adoption in many countries around the globe. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for clean development, power systems face numerous systemic challenges: there is a pressing need to expand and enhance power grids, to reform regulatory and market structures, and to effectively manage structural change.
Agora Energiewende develops evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transitions around the globe. As an independent and non-partisan think-tank we share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business, and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas. Our team is multinational, multidisciplinary and works across the globe with various partner organisations.
We are currently strengthening our activities in South East Asia, a fast growing region that presents huge opportunities and challenges when it comes to the transformation of energy systems. With our small, but growing, Bangkok-based team, we are carrying out activities in the region, in close cooperation with our team in Berlin and our partners in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines.
To strengthen the analytical and administrative support of our Bangkok-team, we are looking to hire a Project Officer/Team Assistant at the earliest possible starting date.
Your responsibilities include
In the role of Project Officer/Team Assistant, you work directly with the Head of Agora’s office in Bangkok. This position combines analytical and research activities (for about 60% of the working time) and organizational support (for about 40% of the working time).
Project Officer responsibilities (about 60% of the working time)
- Conducting, coordinating and managing specific research projects and writing policy papers on the energy transition in South East Asia, as part of a small team in close cooperation with various project partners in South East Asia;
- Systematically analysing energy systems data (both qualitative and quantitative), energy economics and policies, and producing relevant policy papers, reports and publications;
- Supporting the team in preparing speeches, power point presentations, and training materials in collaboration with the project teams;
- Working closely with partner organisations in the respective countries; contributing to provide support, training and to collaborate in research projects;
- Facilitating transfer of international experience in the field of energy system transformation to audiences in target countries, answering enquiries from international stakeholders in close cooperation with Agora Energiewende’s overall team;
- Managing and updating information sharing systems with relevant documents and data.
Team assistant responsibilities (about 40% of the working time)
- Supporting the Bangkok team with general office set-up;
- Providing administrative support in liaison with finances and accounting partners;
- Supporting project teams with organizational aspects, communication with project partners and general stakeholder outreach;
- Processing programmatic report requirements according to grant agreements in accordance with management guidelines;
- Scheduling and organisation, preparation and follow-up of external and internal meetings;
- Planning travels and bookings for the programme team, including visa matters and the preparation of travel requisitions and claims; and
- General administrative and organizational support.
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated and professional team;
- A comfortable office space in a central Bangkok location;
- Diverse experience and professional relationships with partners and experts from a variety of countries in Southeast Asia and beyond;
- A chance to gain insights into the broad range of Agora Energiewende’s research and consulting activities;
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement;
- A fulltime contract (40 hours a week). The position will initially be a fixed term of two years.
We are looking for
- A strong desire to actively shape the global clean energy transition;
- Master’s degree in economics, engineering, political science or similar. As an alternative: Bachelor’s degree plus two years relevant working experience;
- A good knowledge of energy transition policies, regulations and economics; specific expertise on renewable energy technology, power markets and systems, grid and/or climate finance is a plus;
- Ability to guide complex analytical research and to write high quality documents;
- Relevant professional experience as team assistance, experience in project management, accounting and financial management is a plus;
- Extensive commercial and administrative knowledge and skills;
- High degree of personal initiative as well as structured and organized working manner;
- Experience in working in a multicultural team;
- Very secure handling of MS Office applications, especially Excel;
- Fluent and confident communication, in written and spoken English; German language skills are beneficial, other languages relevant for East and South East Asia are a plus;
- A confident, calm, practical and entrepreneurial outlook, with openness to working on diverse challenges and topics;
Please submit your application through the form below. The deadline for application is May 9th, 2021.
When uploading your application, please create one single PDF file and use ‘Surname_Name_Project_Officer’ as file name and please include a letter of motivation and your CV. For reasons of objectivity, we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms. Bettina Gross (email@example.com).