Project Manager Power System Transformation (m/f/d)
The world’s energy systems are changing. Renewable energy has moved from a niche technology to broad-scale adoption in many countries around the globe. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for clean development, power systems face numerous systemic challenges both at national and multilateral levels: there is a pressing need to expand and enhance power grids, to reform regulatory and market structures, and to effectively manage structural change.
Many countries are struggling with the technical, economic, and political complexities of the transformation. However, understanding these processes and challenges is essential for taking political decisions and ensuring a smooth transition to a clean energy system.
This is where Agora Energiewende helps: we develop evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transitions around the globe. As an independent and non-partisan thinktank we share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business, and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas. In our daily work, we closely cooperate with our think tank partners in South East Asia, as well as with a number of countries around the globe. In particular, we are now scaling up our efforts in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and The Philippines.
Our international programme is growing rapidly, with a larger team working on a larger mission: the task is huge, and the opportunities manifold. The team is talented, multinational and multilingual, and busy! To strengthen our team in Bangkok, we are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date a:
Project Manager Power System Integration (f/m/d)
Your responsibilities include
- Supporting Agora’s activities in South East Asia, and representing Agora in the region towards stakeholders and decision makers;
- Working with Agora’s closest partners in the region, and in close liaison with Agora’s headquarter in Germany;
- Independently conducting, coordinating and managing research projects and writing policy papers on topics of power system transformation (national and multilateral), with a focus on economical, regulatory and technical solutions;
- Analysing power systems in South East Asia, with a focus on economics, policies and regulations;
- Facilitating and answering enquiries from international stakeholders regarding the transformation of power systems in Germany and Europe, in regard to lessons learned, policy debates and regulations and technical challenges;
- Directly advising government authorities on key energy policies – if appropriate;
- Developing and implementing a demand-driven research agenda on the key drivers for a successful energy transition in Southeast Asia; and
- Supporting the development of Agora’s long term strategy in the region.
- An opportunity to work in a mission-driven, highly motivated and professional team;
- A comfortable office space in a central Bangkok location;
- Diverse experiences including professional relationships with colleagues and institutions from countries around the globe;
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement; and a
- Full-time or part-time role, limited contract until January 31st, 2024.
We are looking for
- A proven track record and field of expertise in power system transformation, with a focus on economics, regulation and technical solutions, in particular experience with German and European power system transformation and integration;
- Specific expertise regarding the integration of variable renewables into power systems (technical economics and regulation) both at national and multilateral levels;
- At least four years of relevant work experience in an international consulting role or in governments, think tanks, renewable energy business, or civil society organisations;
- Strong networking skills and intercultural communication skills;
- Capability to represent Agora toward international partners, governments, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to guide complex analytic research and to write high quality documents;
- A confident, calm, practical and entrepreneurial outlook, with openness to working on diverse challenges and topics;
- Working fluency in English and working proficiency of German (B2 in the CEFR framework); other language skills are a plus; and
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Please upload your application following this form:
The deadline for application is May 9th, 2021. After you have filled out the form, we ask you to upload your application including your CV and letter of motivation. Please use „Lastname_Firstname_PST-BKK” as a file name and upload your documentation in one single PDF file. For reasons of objectivity we would like to ask you not to include an application photo.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms. Bettina Groß (email@example.com).