Programme Lead Climate-Neutral Industry (f/m/d)
Fighting climate change requires the industrial sector to fully decarbonise within just one generation. While this is creating tremendous opportunities for investments and clean development, immense efforts are needed to reach net-zero climate objectives, especially for energy-intensive industries. Many countries and companies are struggling with the technical, economic, and political complexities of this transition. Understanding the processes and challenges is essential for taking political decisions and ensuring a smooth transition to a green economy: How can industries transform while maintaining jobs and growth? How to ensure international competitiveness when carbon-neutral investments are more expensive? Which type of regulation is needed so that any new investment is having carbon neutrality in mind? What role does a carbon price play and how to avoid stranded assets as well as carbon leakage?
Agora Energiewende develops evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of clean energy and industry transitions around the globe. As independent and non-partisan think tank and policy laboratory, we analyse upcoming challenges, share knowledge with decision-makers and stakeholders and enable a productive exchange of ideas.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Programme Lead Climate-Neutral Industry (focus DE/EU)
(f/m/d) – full- or part-time – Berlin-based
As Programme Lead you will be responsible for co-leading a growing team working across Berlin, Beijing and Brussels. Your main focus will be on German and European policy.
Your responsibilities include
- Managing a team with technically and disciplinary responsibilities; and participating in the internal management circle;
- Developing a climate neutral-industry policy research programme, including designing, conducting, coordinating and managing specific research projects at Agora and with our research partners;
- Developing path-breaking policy analysis and proposals in the context of the EU Green Deal, national green recovery packages, and global markets;
- Working with Agora’s team to ensure the smooth running of daily work and forward planning, including with team members working from Berlin, Brussels and Beijing;
- Actively contributing to Agora’s business and strategy development in the sector;
- Working with Agora’s closest partners in the field; strongly engaging with stakeholders, and directly advising government authorities on key policies; and
- Liaising with expert colleagues to facilitate their contributions to industry projects and knowledge sharing.
We are looking for
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to help build up our industry programme and actively shape the global clean energy and industry transition;
- A proven track record and field of expertise working in or with industry, for example on technologies, economics, innovation, materials science;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- A Master’s degree in economics, engineering or similar;
- A broad network in Germany and Europe and the ability to navigate in a complex environment;
- Capability to represent Agora Energiewende at a senior level toward governments and other stakeholders;
- Ability to guide complex analytic research and to write high quality documents;
- A confident, calm, practical and entrepreneurial outlook, with openness to working on diverse challenges and topics; and
- Working fluency in English.
Does this position appeal to you? Are you excited by the prospect of working in a crucial role with a committed team on an essential task for the future? Are you looking for a cooperative working atmosphere with flat communication and decision-making hierarchies and an attractive workplace in Berlin-Mitte in a mission-driven, international working environment?
At Agora Energiewende you will be part of a dynamic organisation that is striving to become ever more diverse and inclusive. You will experience professional relationships with colleagues and experts from around the globe, and work with important policy processes at national, European, and international level.
We look forward to receiving your application until the 15th of December 2021. Please follow this link to fill out a brief questionnaire and upload your documents:
Please attach a letter of motivation and your CV in one single document and use "FirstName_LastName_ProgrammeLead" as the file name. We ask that you refrain from including an application photo.
We want an energy transition for everyone from everyone. Therefore, we are particularly pleased to receive applications from people from groups that have been underrepresented in energy policy. We welcome applications regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability and age, and sexual orientation. Unfortunately, our offices in Berlin are not completely barrier-free, but we intend to work on solutions.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Bettina Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org.