Associate – Franco-German Energy Policy (m/f)
To strengthen our team, we are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date an Associate – Franco-German Energy Policy (m/f)
France and Germany, the two largest power markets in Europe, have adopted ambitious goals for reducing carbon emissions, developing renewable energy and improving energy efficiency. The French and German power systems are significantly interlinked, and both countries are facing a similar set of challenges in their efforts to restructure conventional power generation (coal in Germany, nuclear in France), underscoring the need for collaboration on policy issues.
Agora Energiewende develops evidence-based strategies for ensuring the success of the clean energy transition. As an independent and non-partisan think tank we aim to share knowledge with stakeholders in the worlds of politics, business and academia while enabling a productive exchange of ideas.
In light of the need for enhanced dialogue between Germany and France on the clean energy transition we are seeking to hire an Associate (m/f) who is dedicated to topics surrounding French and Franco-German energy policy.
Your responsibilities would include
- Supporting the development of studies, memos and policy papers on French and Franco-German energy policy;
- Translating results and insights from the German Energiewende context to the French Transition Énergétique context and vice versa;
- Organising expert meetings and workshops together with our French partners;
- Preparing meetings with decision-makers, and conducting post-meeting follow-up;
- Networking with French stakeholders, including ministerial representatives, academics, business leaders, think tanks, and associations.
- An opportunity to work in a highly motivated and professional team;
- A chance to gain experience with all of Agora Energiewende’s research and consulting activities;
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
What we are looking for
- A strong desire to actively shape the clean energy transition in France, Germany, and the EU;
- A Master’s degree in economics, environmental science, engineering, political science or a similar topic; experience with energy system modelling is a plus;
- A good understanding of climate and energy policy;
- Knowledge of French and German political and institutional frameworks;
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience is a plus;
- An ability to quickly grasp complex issues;
- Experience in organising workshops and conferences;
- Dedication, reliability, perseverance, and a strong intellect;
- Willingness to regularly travel between France and Germany.
- Native/near-native command of French and German; fluent in English.
The employment contract is initially limited to two years, but extension is possible. A significant amount of your working time would be spent in Paris.
Please send your application (including a letter of motivation and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Application Associate Franco-German Energy Policy”). The deadline for applications is 23 August 2017. Please indicate your salary expectations as well as your earliest possible starting date.
Should you have any questions, please contact
Marie Haßheider (Telephone +49 30 700 1435 – 111).